Spring is in full swing, despite the weather…..and we are rolling up to an important deadline!
MAY 5th MAY 5th MAY 5th MAY 5th
Early Bird Registration – Save $50 by registering before May 5!
May 1st is the deadline for Early Bird Registration. Save $50 by registering early!
Conference fee is $300 through May 5, $350 from May 6 through June 8.
The deadline for our Annual Manuscript contest is May 5th This year we have three categories available for submission:
- Fiction – this can be any sort of fiction, literary or genre. It can be a short story or an excerpt from a larger work. Word limit is 2500 words (about 10 pages long)
- Nonfiction – any type of non-fiction from memoir and biography to nonfiction book or a news article. Word limit is 2500 words.
- Poetry – Submit one poem of any style, up to 40 lines. This can be a completed poem or an excerpt from a larger work.
Any registered conferee can enter the contest, and you may enter a submission for each category (maximum of one submission per category). The winner of each category gets a free pass to the 2019 Philadelphia Writers’ Conference, and second place gets 50% off the 2019 conference.
Click on the links above for more information and additional contest rules.
Conference attendees may submit a short piece for a 2018 Workshop leader to review and provide feedback. These pieces for review can be no more than 2500 words long for prose (fiction, non-fiction, genre) or 200 lines for poetry (which can be one long poem or several small ones). There is a charge for each piece submitted for critique, which we pass along to the workshop leader, and you must be registered for that workshop leaders class to submit a manuscript.
To submit a critique, follow these steps:
- return to the registration site
- when prompted, enter your email and confirmation code (you will find your confirmation code on the email sent to you after you registered)
- go to the “additional stuff” tab. That page provides the links to each workshop leaders PWC Submittable page.
Deadline for submitting a piece for critique is..you got it….MAY 5th!!!!
Join us June 8-10 at the Wyndham in Olde City Philadelphia for three days of writing, publishing, and book business insight. Come visit with your old friends in our community, and make some new ones. Pitch your book to agents or editors, and leave inspired to push your writing career farther!
Registration is handled through our event management site, Cvent. See the full schedule here, and register today. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
See the conference overview post for workshop descriptions, times, and more.